New Patient Intake MA (Corpus Christi)
Type: Full Time
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About the Position
A qualified candidate is a professional, dependable, flexible and self-motivated person; Must have knowledge health insurance, including HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.; Must be able to multi-task, possess good computer skills, have a good attitude, be personable, and flexible.
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Supervise positions of Front Desk, Verification, and File Room
- Schedule new patient appointments
- Receive phone calls and new walk-in patients
- Complete New Patient Intake form accurately
- Enter the demographic details into two systems (NextGen/ARIA) accurately
- Obtain all records for the upcoming appointment and prepare chart for visit
- Act as back-up to Front desk for lunch coverage
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Professional, dependable, and personable
- Ability to multi-task and perform under the pressure of a high volume office
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Be efficient, accurate and have a friendly confident demeanor
- Familiar with HMO, PPO, Medicare, Medicaid
- Ability to gather information and complete new patient intake form accurately
- Possess strong computer skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with high volume patient flow (40 - 60 patients in clinic per day)
- Ability to work independently – sets priorities, multi-tasks and is able to resolve problems.
- Maintain confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Basic office etiquette
- 2 years of experience in an Employee Supervisory position and Medical Office procedures
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Language Skills: Verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Work Environment: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Comments: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 25 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.