Insurance Verification Specialist - Corpus Christi
Type: Full Time
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region..
About the Position: Note must be able to start immediately
Responsible for verifying patients’ health coverage with the patients’ insurance company to ensure necessary procedures are covered by the provider before patient appointments. Responsible for entering primary and secondary insurance data accurately, verifying that existing information is accurate, and updating patient benefit information in the system. Responds to all internal and external phone inquiries regarding patient benefits and financial obligations. Interaction with front office staff and insurance companies daily is necessary to coordinate patients’ insurance information and compete the verification process.
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify eligibility and benefits based on radiation treatment.
- Verify eligibility and benefits plus load insurance for patients with a change of insurance.
- Re-verify eligibility and benefits on existing patients prior to first visit of a new year.
- Work schedules and add-ons to identify patients that need re-verifications.
- Notify appropriate parties on all insurance changes.
- Work all responses with errors; check all Medicare to see if patient is on a Medicare replacement; check to verify plan hasn’t changed; check to verify network hasn’t changed.
- Work with Authorizations to obtain referrals.
- Any other duties requested by management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with patients and fellow employees Via Company Email clearly and timely
- Interact professionally with clients and fellow employees
- Cooperate with team members to accomplish departmental goals
- Accept and incorporate changes or new ideas into daily work.
- Provide service in a responsive, timely and accurate manner to both clients and fellow employees.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Arrive at work as scheduled and notify supervisors in a timely manner of any absences
- Recognize priorities and take action; make productive use of time
- Strive to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative
- Attempt to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually
- Any other activity as directed by the doctor, supervisor or administrator
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2 or more years of experience in healthcare verification/authorization insurance
- Medical and Oncology experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Spanish bi-lingual preferred.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of health insurances.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.