Front Office Assistant - Corpus Christi
Employment: Front Office
Type: Full Time
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
We are seeking to fill a position that requires experience with front-office assistance in our Corpus Christi location. The front office assistant is integral in the smooth operation of the practice. They greet patients, administer patient registration, verify patient insurance benefits, schedule and confirm patient appointments, collect co-pays, answer incoming calls, and provide superior patient relations. This is accomplished through direct and indirect patient care activities.
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Welcome all patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries, and directing them through the registration process.
- Utilize a multi-line phone system, fax machine, printer, copier, and scanner to process patients through registration. Answer phones and transfer phone calls to corresponding employees.
- Answer phones and transfer phone calls to corresponding employees.
- Register patients, verifying insurance eligibility as needed, and collecting payments through various software systems.
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process and payments, post patient balances.
- Schedule patient appointments
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment, professional appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Discharge Patients, assist office an,d clinical staff and close office at end of shift.
- Assist in covering Front Office duties in other locations as needed or required.
- Clinic admissions including new patient admission
- Full vital signs, including respirations
- Height and Weight (measured, no verbal reports unless Wt >350)
- Interview form
- Initiate EMR chart
- Vital signs
- MD clinic patient triage
- Medication list update
- Vital signs: BP/ Temp / pulse/ respirations
- Performance status
- Assisting MD with clinic visit exams as needed
- PAP / Pelvic exams
- Rectal / Stool Occult Blood
- Transport patients via wheel chair as needed
- Documentation of care delivered
- Assist nursing staff in return of patient messages
- Return calls for routine MD follow up / testing appointments
- Delegated by Team leader when nurse is out of office
- Patient care supply management
- Appointment scheduling
- Scheduling tests and procedures ordered by M.D.
- Chart preparation for MD clinics
- Verify all results are on chart prior to visit
- Obtain missing reports prior to MD exam
- Radiology file management
- Other clerical responsibilities as needed.
- Bilingual- A+ but not mandatory
- Computer literate
- High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented with one year of work related experience
- A qualified candidate is a professional, dependable, flexible and self-motivated person.
- Must know health insurance, including HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task, possess good computer skills, have a good attitude, be personable, and flexible.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.