Medical Patient AR Collector
Type: Full Time
Location: Memorial City, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a full time Patient AR Collector for our Memorial City business office. The individual performs complex billing and insurance claims research to ensure timely account resolution. Applies pre-established guidelines to perform various billing, insurance claim and account resolution activities. Tasks include but not limited to research and collection of unpaid and denied insurance claims; secondary billing and appeals. However, they will be required to work in different areas as needs dictate. Works under general supervision and may provide task/project leadership to less experienced staff.
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Handle high dollar accounts (over 1K) ·
- Research unpaid and denied claims to facilitate the processing and receipt of payment. ·
- Submission of appeal letters on denied insurance claims ·
- Monitors claims for missing information Interacts with staff and manager to research and resolve complex problems/issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information in accordance with HIPPA
- Completes additional projects as assigned
- Recommends changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintains daily/monthly collections goals set in place by management
- Work daily task for all carriers assigned to that position (not started then those in progress) est. 40-50 accounts a day
- Work RealMed rejects daily from previous day billing
- Remain knowledgeable of all changes and updates to applicable assigned carriers (LCD’s, code deletion or additions, ins. policies related to Oncology) notifying supervisor as changes occur
- Refunds · Resolve problem accounts
- Prepare for monthly AR meetings
- Write off request
- Communicate with other staff, primarily front office and financial counselor contracting, posters, patients and physicians as needed
- Special projects as requested
- Webinars and system training participation
- Review correspondence from incoming faxes, mail and email
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but not limited to mailing paper claims, faxing, copying, scanning, making calls, spreadsheets, verifying benefits and researching incorrect patient information
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Organized, self-sufficient, hardworking, analytical and detailed orientated.
- Extensive experience with managed care and Medicare.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS coding.
- Strong math skills and the ability to reconcile & balance patient accounts vs. EOB's
- Experience in electronic billing and/or paper claims submission.
- Ability to explain medical necessity based on the patient's written medical documentation.
- Skilled at claims follow-up, data entry, 10-Key Calculator and customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook. · Experience in NextGen A+.
- Oncology experience A+.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
COMMENTS: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.