Medical Practice Biller
Type: Full Time
Location: Memorial City, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
This individual will be responsible for submitting clean claims to the payor daily. Responsible for submitting clean claims to the payer daily
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- This position is responsible for reducing the number of rejections and denials.
Certified Professional Biller preferred but not required.
Must have experience billing Form 1500.
Has expertise with modifiers.
Must understand clearinghouse and payer reject codes and how to correct the impacted claims.
Must be able to identify the loops and segments where an error is occurring
Will work tasking for Rejections, Approved Fails, and Pending claims daily
Identify and resolve billing issues, and implement permanent process changes
Knowledge of medical billing codes, terminology, and payer policies
Ensures all claims comply with CMS and other federal and state laws.
Works with coding and compliance to develop education and training for charge reviewers and clinical staff, such as appropriate modifier use.
Keeps abreast of CMS billing changes, educates staff, and implements necessary process changes.
General Core Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and timely with clients and fellow employees through written and verbal forms.
- Interact professionally with clients and fellow employees.
- Cooperate with team members to accomplish departmental goals
- Accept and incorporate changes or new ideas into daily work.
- Provide service in a responsive, timely, and accurate manner to both clients and fellow employees.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work as scheduled and notify supervisors in a timely manner of any absences.
- Recognize priorities and take action; make productive use of time.
- Strive to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative.
- Attempt to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually. ·
- Any other activity that was asked for by management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned · Assists with special projects as needed
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Accept and incorporate changes or new ideas into daily work
- Provide service in a responsive, timely, and accurate manner to both clients and fellow employees
- Cooperate with team members to accomplish departmental goals ·
- Interact professionally with clients and fellow employees
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Understanding ICD and CPT Codes
- Understanding of Modifiers and how to properly use them
- Accuracy and speed in 10-Key and typing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate personal computer
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to work under stressful and fast-paced conditions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Recognize priorities and take action; make productive use of time
- Strive to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative
- Attempt to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually
- Demonstrated service and success in teamwork and consistent high productivity and quality
Verbal and written communication skills
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
COMMENTS: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.