Part Time- Credentialing Assistant
Type: Part Time
Location: Memorial City, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region..
About the Position:
Credentialing Coordinator is primarily responsible for Payor Credentialing, which includes but it not limited to; preparing Credentialing applications and/or plan specific rosters for all contracted health plans in a timely manner. This includes re-credentialing for current providers. This person will work closely with Contracting department to ensure all providers are Credentialed and participating INN with all applicable plans. This position will update and re-attest CAQH every 60 days for health plan accuracy.
- Flexible :Tuesday- Friday
Benefits: Will be available upon becoming Full time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create CAQH for new providers; update CAQH every 60 days for existing providers.
- Initiate the Credentialing process for Health Plans (Payers) by completing and submitting rosters and or applications to appropriate health plans.
- Follow up with Health plans until the provider is participating as INN Providers/Location.
- Follow up with plans every quarter.
- Meet with the Contracting department biweekly to ensure payors coincide with payors listed on the Contract by Category document.
- Maintain PowerPoint health plans documents and make revisions as needed.
- Communicates status of network participation with providers as directed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update Credentialing software CredentialMyDoc as needed.
- Manage master Texas Standardized Credentialing Application document for all providers.
- Maintain master practice location roster in SharePoint and make revisions as new locations are added to group.
- Check Credentialing mailbox daily. ·
- Provide support on special department projects as needed.
- Previous Payor Credentialing experience is preferred.
- Must recognize the importance of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.