Type: Part Time
Location: Houston, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About the Position
Oncology Consultants, PA is hiring a part time clinical pharmacist for its specialty pharmacy located in the Houston area. Fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning oncology practice with competitive compensation, full benefits, and 9 paid holidays. The position will be working in a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive oncology care to the patient focusing on oral oncolytics and the supportive treatments.
- Varies during Weekdays
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Provide efficient pharmacy operations and processes that provide excellence in patient care, patient safety, and adhere to all regulatory rules and requirements
- Ensure that all procedures, records, and pharmacy are in compliance with all state, federal, and industry standard requirements.
- Dispense and distribute drugs and medicines for patients and advise them of the correct medicine, proper usage, and compliance.
- Advise physicians and nurses on inherent dangers of drugs and the eventual side effects and assist them in prescribing the correct doses.
- Provide clinical drug information and education to providers and staff regarding the appropriate use of pharmaceutical products and treatment regimen.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient’s side effects and drug interactions.
- Supervises the activities and training of pharmacy technicians.
- Responsible for inventory and supply management, not limited to placing inventory orders, logging in new inventories, accounting and disposing of expired drugs.
- Answers and initiates phone calls related to providing pharmaceutical care.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of the pharmacy and delivery operations.
- Strives to achieve cost effectiveness in all areas (including purchasing/inventory control, staffing delivery services).
- Provide management with routine updates regarding the productivity and efficiency of operations.
- Regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm. On-call on a rotation as scheduled.
- Pharm.D. Degree from an accredited College/University, School of Pharmacy.
- Current, unencumbered State license to practice as a registered pharmacist.
- At least 3 years of experience as a registered pharmacist in a recent retail setting
- Understanding of medical/pharmacy terminology and be able to calculate dose, CLCR, etc.
- Prior Authorization experience preferred
- Hospital experience preferred
- Specialty pharmacy experience preferred
- Willingness to learn and positive attitude required
- Experience with Microsoft programs
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 25 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.