PRN-Radiation Therapist - Memorial City
Employment: Radiation Therapy
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
Video 1: The people behind Oncology Consultants
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
We are seeking a full time Radiation Therapist for our Memorial City office.
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
President and Founder of Oncology Consultants, Dr. Luis T. Campos, MD welcome video message
Summary: Responsible for accurately delivering prescribed radiation dose to patients under the direct supervision of the radiation oncologist. Employees may be directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Properly turning on the linear accelerator and shutting down.
- Perform morning QA on linear accelerator by checking if everything is consistent with what the physicist has calibrated and set up.
- Be able to troubleshoot the machine, 4D software and OBI software efficiently.
- Explain treatment plans and simulations.
- Use two identifiers for ALL patients.
- Perform weekly chart checks on all patients in their shift.
- Follow safety procedures to protect the patient and themselves from overexposure to radiation.
- Use proper imaging protocol on patient to determine the exact location of the area requiring treatment. (MV, KV, CBCT)
- Accurately capture daily activity charges.
- Being able to operate the machine to treat the patient with radiation.
- Monitor the patient’s response to radiation treatment and report it to the medical assistant if there is no oncology nurse.
- Know how to use the ARIA for documentation purposes and for checking the daily dose.
- Deliver correct dose to the correct site on patient.
- Maintain a clean treatment and simulation room, dressing rooms and console area.
- Properly open and close the facility.
- Must be familiar with Varian 21ix, Smart Arc, and OBI (IGRT/CBCT)
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- walking and proper use of body mechanics to lift and move patients.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of JRCERT approved Radiation Therapy program
- 2 or more years of experience preferred.
- Registered through ARRT for radiation therapy.
- Texas department of health services MRT license.
- CPR Certified
- Bachelors of Science in Radiation Therapy or Certificate in radiation therapy.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Oncology Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.