Payment Poster Memorial City
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
Responsible for posting payments and denials in the practice management system in a timely and accurate manner. Perform reimbursements activities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Retrieve, generate and save EOB's (4010 & PDF) from payer websites.
- Create batch in NextGen to post for each day of deposit
- Posting from bank reports daily and live/refunds/NFS Checks.
- Enter status and reason codes if applicable for each line item.
- Email collectors and cc supervisors/managers for denials
- Email Patient A/R Collector(s) for any patient balance of $500 or more
- Balance Nextgen total to bank daily report and print batch listing report
- Post Zero Payments EOBs
- Post Write-Offs per Supervisor and/or Manager approval.
- Prepare live checks for deposits
- Patient A/R Clean up
- Turn in balance batch to bookkeepers
- Notify revenue cycle manager and revenue cycle specialist of fee schedule discrepancies and/or trends.
- Completing mid-month and end of the month deadline
- Correct Balance Control Issues
- All Job functions must be completed with a minimum number of errors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with special projects as needed
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Accept and incorporate changes or new ideas into daily work
- Provide service in a responsive, timely and accurate manner to both clients and colleagues
- Cooperate with team members to accomplish departments goals
- Interact professionally with clients and fellow employees
- Bilingual- A+ but not mandatory
- Computer literate
- High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented with one year of work related experience
- Knowledge of insurance payment processing
- Accuracy and speed 10-key and typing
- Ability to read and interpret EOB
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate personal computer and CRT
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to work under stressful and fast-paced conditions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Recognize priorities and take action; make productive use of time
- Strive to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative
- Attempt to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually
- Demonstrated services and success in teamwork and consistent high productivity and quality
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.